Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend(s) Wrap-Up

I know it's been a long while since I've updated and wrote on here, what can I say I'm a busy girl!!!


We've done lots since my last post so I probably won't hit everything but here goes...

July 4th weekend was a 4 day weekend for Aaron and fun~filled for Blake and for us watching!  On Friday Andersen AFB had a small freedom festival... or lack there of!!!  No really it was a few bounce houses and some concession stands... needless to say we were not impressed.  Blake was able to jump in the bounce houses for about 45 minutes then he got bored with it.  

Sunday we had some friends, Jessica and Heath, over for grilled pork kabobs, grilled chicken, potato salad and corn on the cob... YUM!!  Not tootin' my own horn but the the kabobs were A-mazin'!!!  Anywho, we had a great time having drinks and eating!!

Monday was the 4th and we drove down to the big Navy base b/c they were having a festival as well and just another reason why I have come to appreciate the Navy more and more... they're festivities were GREAT compared to the Air Farce crap.  Blake had a BLAST jumping on their many bouncy houses/water bouncy houses!  He was in heaven :)



A few weekends ago I went shopping with Jessica while the boys went down to Big Navy to go bowling!  Shopping here on the lovely island of Guam is how do I put it... difficult to say the least!  There is a Premier Outlet and the Micronesia Mall... both place are CRAP, with the exception of Macy's.  I have never shopped there and will probably not shop there once we move back to the states but it is great for here :)  The malls are decent size but since Guam is a BIG vacation spot for the Japanese they cater to them big time.  I saw clothing made out of thing that I didn't even know existed and in colors I would NEVER wear... I mean like the colors that I have seen in diapers... I don't know about you but I don't want to wear that!!

Last weekend we drove down the east side of the island to explore... thanks to a very handy map we got for Christmas from my Brother and Sister In Law, Lee and Mindy, thank you guys, it is AWESOME!!!  While we were there we went to the Talofofo Falls.... another tourist trap but I HAD to get out and walk around in the outdoors :)  On our way back we went to an awesome restaurant called Jeff's Pirate Cove and it was so good.  Their menu had a weird mix of things including burgers, sea food galore, a Fiesta Plate which you can find everywhere around here that is grilled chicken, red rice and some Korean pickled cabbage, and of all things a Greek menu!  Communication was cut off at the table apparently because both Aaron and I both got the same thing (off the Greek menu).  We try to get different stuff at new restaurants... well neither of us eat beef and I don't eat sea food so my options were limited but my lunch was YUM-O!!  We will be going back for sure.

 Talofofo Falls
would have been prettier if not for the dirty water


view from cable car
This weekend was Blake's 4th birthday and we had a small birthday party for him a day early on Saturday that included our neighbors and their 2 boys (his friends), lunch and an ice cream cake!  We woke up and Skype-d with Nana AKA Aaron's mom and he opened his presents as close to in person we can get!  He got lots of good stuff but the trampoline will be my favorite b/c it is a energy burner :)  We had his birthday a day early b/c Aaron had to fly to Japan for a school so.... (he will return next Sunday).


Another thing but not an event so to speak but a hot topic with Aaron and I is about our transfer... depending on Aaron's deployment schedule Blake and I will be heading "home" (back to the states) a year early... I am thrilled!!  This plan will occur if Aaron gets deployed during our last year here (which is probably going to happen).  This way Blake and I aren't waiting for him to return only to pack our house and get settled before school starts for Blake.  We are planning this more for Blake that way he can be in 1 school for at least 4 years.  Many may be wondering where we are wanting to get stationed next... Florida it'll be if it's available (Panama City, Pensacola or Jacksonville)!!


For some reason it won't let me post pics so I will try that again later!

 View from a look out on base
near the far tip where the reef makes a point is the beach we go to



Until next time... TTFN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment