Saturday, June 16, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Sorry about the delay in writing!  When we got home our house was full of all of our outside stuff, to the point where I couldn't cook in the kitchen.  I had to put the tarp back up before I put everything back outside which took some days since it was rainy.  Then we had Blake's end of school year stuff going on and then to top it all off we have been under the weather for a few weeks so needless to say we have been busy and when I'm not I just want to relax. 

So anyways, our trip to Japan was awesome.  I didn't really know if it was going to be worth it to go see Aaron and all that since he was going to be coming home 3 weeks later but to see the look on Blake's face at the airport was priceless and made it ALL worth it.  We were all happy to be a family again :) 

The first and last day in Japan we went to Miyajima Island and it was awesome.  It's an island that people live on, shop at, eat at, site see, etc.  There is also deer that wander around the island and you can pet and they try to steal your food... I think they plot their attack :)  There is also many shrines, temples, parks and an aquarium.  I took a ton of pictures but here are a few...

On the train

Blake petting a deer


You can see the all the pictures from day 1 here and from day 6 here.

Day 2 we went to the Kintai Bridge and to the Iwakuni Castle.  Not much to talk about here it was just gorgeous so I'll let the pictures do the talkin' :)

Kintai Bridge

Cable car to the top of the very tall, steep mountain and the castle

View from the castle

You can see the whole album here.

Day 3 we took a $40 taxi ride each way to go to the Chicken Shack which was a FANTASTIC restaurant/store.  We were a little confused when we first got there b/c it was this open air place with tables put all over in no particular place and there were many kitchens.  So anyways we walked through while looking at our map and made our way back to the front and looked at the menu and well we can't write nor speak fluent Japanese so we had a little Japanese help with writing our order down... thanks friendly Japanese people!!  We went and sat down at a table with a great view and waited for our food to be brought to us we ordered 2 chicken havles, 2 rice, 2 gyoza, 1 udon soup!!  It was fantastic... I haven't had better food in a loooonnnggg time.  

When we pulled up

Cooking rice

view from table to the right

Another to the left

Here is the link to all the pictures.... enjoy!

Day 4 and 5 I wasn't feeling well and running a fever (Blake was sick on day 2 and gladly gave it to me).  Aaron worked half days these days and Blake and I just hung out on base and wen to play grounds.  Day 6 we went to Miyajima Island for the second time and the pictures are on the link with day 1.  

One of the days 4 or 5 we went a little Mexican place that a a mile from the base so we walked there and since I wasn't feeling well we got a taxi home.  Surprisingly it was pretty good... I know Mexican food in Japan weird but good!  We also went to Thai place one day that wasn't good at all.

We stayed in Japan for a week and were very sad to leave daddy.  We got on the plane and Blake turns to me with tears in his eyes and tells me he misses daddy :(  I knew he would but didn't expect him to vocalize it since he didn't really acknowledge him being gone for the past 5 1/2 months.  I felt horrible but told him daddy would be home in 3 1/2 weeks.  So, note to self never go see daddy during a deployment until the end.

Blake's last day of school was last Thursday and so there was a few of us moms that took the kids to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate :)  The kids had a fantastic time which is all that matters!

We are also awaiting the return of daddy.  He gets home on Tuesday and we are very excited :)  I will post pictures of his homecoming if I can get some!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment