Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chillax'in Weekend

This weekend we were pretty busy and I took lots of pics so get ready!!

Before the weekend ever started I got great news on Wednesday that we got reimbursed almost $4000 that we paid out of our pocket to get here about to months ago... can we say excited, why b/c I got to get my patio set!!  YAY and needless to say we have been using it a lot since I picked it up on Thursday with the help of our neighbor Glora.

Friday we went to Aaron's command picnic around lunch time we brought Joseph along to give Blake someone to play with.  There was lunch, a bounce house and the playground. In the evening we had a cook out with some great friends and neighbors.  There was 10 of us all together!  On the menu.... for starters~ watermelon, fruit salad, and 7 layer dip.  Main Course~ grilled corn on the cob, roasted, rosemary red potatoes, pork kabobs with pineapple and bell pepper, shrimp kabobs, some had steak and others salmon.  All in all we had a great time good food, good drinks for the ladies beer for the men, and great company all around!

Saturday was pretty uneventful.  We hung around the house most of the day and Blake played with his friends next door while at the Exchange picking up the patio set Glora bought a slippin slide and it entertained all three boys for hours.  Later in the evening we watched all 3 boys while the neighbors having their "date night".  Everyone played good together Blake and Joseph were happy and healthy, and Aaron and Cory played video games :)

 Redneck Pool Club

 Slippin' and a Slidin'


Sunday we were going to go to Tarza Waterpark with our neighbors but decided to go to Big Navy and see Cars 2.  I have to say I was very disappointed in it and so was Blake.  In his words "it was too long" and yes it was but it was also not written for children... by that I mean the story itself children wouldn't understand. Blake had fun anyways since his buddies came along too.  After the movie we had planned on going to a beach on the Navy base buuuuttttt it poured the whole movie and that just wasn't going to happen.  I mean to the point that the roads on the way home were flooded like the two lanes of traffic for my side of the road... you could see maybe a half of one lane.  

At the Movies

The Rain Soaked Roads
On Monday Aaron had the day off so we went to the beach in the morning and had a great time and surprisingly we didn't get rained out.  So I took pics, from looking back at an album from this beach there are a lot of the same pics... sorry if you've seen some before!

 At Tarague Beach

Scuba Steve, I mean Aaron


 My View


Didn't get a chance to adjust my settings so it's really bright


Then we went to a Mexican restaurant that was suppose to be GREAT and had rave reviews: Carmen's Cha Cha Cha!  Was it good???  Well it depends for Guam yes it was pretty good but compared to the states and OTB not so much... not nearly!  Not to mention we paid $50 for lunch... a little in my book.  I would much rather cook my own Mexican food from a recipe which I have been doing since we got here!

 Inside

Until next time....


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment