Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I don't really have much to blog about since the last one!  


Last week I guess it was Friday we went with our neighbors to a small water park called Onward, so that all of the boys could play and burn some energy for the day and that they did.  We went to the ticket office here on base and then got to the park at about 11:30 and we were there till 4:30 that afternoon.  Although Blake told me he was ready to go home he never made it out of the pool he was in!  The two 4 yr olds had a blast in the kiddie pool and lazy river and Cory found some friends from school that he ran around with all day so us mommies got to relax in the sun and watch the 4 yr olds, great day in my book :) and to top it off they got along great all day!!

New Years Eve and New Years Day were just another day in the Gaither household.  I know boring right, but when you have a 4 yr old and your husbands deployed, mommy want her relax/quiet time on the couch with a movie, wine and maybe some popcorn ;) 

Movies~ I have been watching them a lot lately after Blake goes to bed.  My favorite that I watched 2 nights in a row "Leap Year", if you haven't seen it you should really watch it.  A love story/comedy and very cute! I don't really laugh at many movies unless someone gets hurt (ask my parents or Aaron and they atest to that) but this one has my laughing.  I also bought "Crazy Stupid Love" which was pretty too not Leap Year good but good nonetheless but it has Ryan Gosling in it which makes any movie better!  I have been looking for any other good movies that are worth buying so if you have any suggestions please let me know.
I also have been looking at cameras AGAIN like crazy and finally bit the bullet and bought one today!  The Nikon D5100 with the Nikkor 55-300mm lens which I bought from Best Buy and saved $400 dollars with my gift cards I got a while ago!  I am going to be selling my Canon so it won't hurt the bank to much in the end :)  This camera was a Christmas gift/birthday gift from Aaron!  Thanks babe you are the best :)

In other news today was Blake's first day back to school since Christmas break and boy did mommy need it!  I mean I love my little man and all but having him around all day everyday can wear ya down esp since he has been a little crab lately.  All is good now and he even had a nap for the first time in  I mean days although it feels like weeks!

Over the last few weeks I have had some GREAT news from one of my friends from high school and my parents... I'm going to be having some visitors in the next 4 months!!!!  My parents will be here February 9th-21st and Courtney will be here May 9th-16th needless to say I am beside myself with excitement!  I absolutely can't wait to see both my parents and Courtney.... now to figure out what do to. I have a few things up my sleeve for when my parents are here some to keep my dad busy, he may go home nuts from not go-go-going all the time :)  To my parents and Courtney thank you so much for not only talking about coming but planning a trip out here, I know it's pricey but I promise it'll be fun and so worth it!

I think that is all for now :)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment