Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm Finally Free

Acne free that is and soooo happy about it!!
If this doesn't interest you don't have to read but this is something that has been a nuisance for me since middle/high school and I am so happy to not have to worry about it anymore.  

I have had regular acne since late middle school and high school which was caused by stress and anxiety, and my little gift from mother nature (ladies you know what I'm talking about and men now you know what I'm talking about) and was somewhat treatable but I still had it and it bothered me even though I didn't show it!!  As I got older and out of school it became a bigger problem and more frequent since growing up means more stress and anxiety :)  It started as a few weeks a month then getting to where I was perfectly clear for just days within a month.  I dealt with it and just thought that that was me and that's the way it had to be.  I tried everything from natural soaps and gels to regular over the counter stuff you can find at Wal-Mart or Target nothing really, really helped.  My at home Dr. AKA my husband Aaron was even looking things up on the internet to figure it out... nothing seemed to help :(  Then one day he told me he ordered me something to try to see if it would help... Proactiv!!  I was a little iffy about it since it is pretty expensive but I thought "I'll give it a try", all the while hoping it would help but also hoping it wouldn't b/c of the price.  Knowing I would pay the $60 every 3 months if it did help!  It took some time and I hit a bump AKA Aaron leaving for deployment = BIG time stress and anxiety, but I am acne free FINALLY!!  (even the scars are going away... YAY!)  If there is anyone that reads this and has acne I definitely recommend Proactiv.  I am happy to say that my 1 month supply lasted me like 2 1/2 months so it's not as pricey which I am happy about :)

With my clear skin and new do, I feel like a "new" me.  I am obviously more confident (ppl that don't have acne wouldn't get it) with the way I look and I think it shows!!  Not that I was ever depressed and didn't "like" myself b/c that's not the case at all but I'm just happy with the way I look and not dreading whether ppl are staring at my face!  

Since I am a "new" me I have gone and bought new clothes to go with it!!  I don't know, I guess I never really wanted ppl looking at me and standing out and clothes can cause that (I still don't like attention and I don't think that will EVER change).  But any-who I have been buying nice/pretty/trendy clothes as apposed to my cotton tanks and shorts that I have been buying and wearing for years and years!  Sorry babe it's costly but I feel and look great!!

Sorry I don't have before and after pics but we all know what acne looks like and lets face it having acne doesn't make you want to jump to have picture taken of you so you'll just have to imagine or remember what I looked like before and picture the "after" ;)

Till next time!!

    TTFN      

No comments:

Post a Comment